Rocky Mountain Gas Association (RMGA)
- Four-hour open-book, timed Computer Test (through Canvas)
- 100 multiple choice questions
- Passing Score of 80% or higher required
Allowable Testing Materials (to be provided by the Tester):
- RMGA-Approved Study Guide by Dean Dyatt*
- International Fuel Gas Code
- Dominion Energy or Questar Good Practices Guide
* NOTE: this is the only approved study guide that may be used during the test.
The Assessment Center will provide:
- The Exam (online)
- Laminated Diagrams
- Scratch paper
- Place to store personal belongings during the test (please keep items to a minimum)
- Score at the end of the test
Note: You are not permitted to use your phone or any other electronic device to view the Dominion online Energy Guide. This is an RMGA rule. Your phone and any personal items (other than the testing materials), will be stored in a cubby (or locker) in the testing room during the exam.
- First Attempt: $125. This price includes the RMGA fee ($100) and a Davis Tech proctoring fee ($25). If you completed an RMGA training course, you will most likely have an RMGA testing payment voucher which you will need to present at the time of testing. If your employer is paying for the exam, they should contact our Cashier in advance at Tel: 801-593-2539 to make payment via credit card.
- Re-test: $25 Davis Tech Proctoring Fee for the second attempt.
Results and Re-Testing
You will receive your results directly after testing. If you meet the minimum passing score, we will send verification to RMGA who will mail your certification card. If you do not meet the minimum passing score, we will prepare a summary report with the number of correct answers scored in each section. This will help you re-study before taking the exam again. There is no limit on the amount of times you can take the exam. Re-test fees will apply.
On the day of the exam
Remember to bring:
- Study materials
- Valid Photo ID (such as a driver’s license)
- Payment or Payment Voucher
Pre-scheduling is required 48 hours before to reserve your seat.
|Monday||8:30 am||2:30 pm|
|Tuesday||8:30 am||4:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:30 am||2:30 pm|
|Thursday||8:30 am||2:30 pm|
|Friday||— Closed —|
|NOTE: Assessment Center closed on public holidays|
Pre-scheduling is required. Please submit a schedule request to Hayley Mitchell, Assessment Specialist. When scheduling, please provide the following:
- Your name
- E-mail address
- Company (if applicable)
- Payment method (voucher, company or self)
- Preferred date and time (per the hours listed above)
- Exam attempt number (first attempt or re-test)
The Assessment Center is located inside Student Services. Check in at the Student Services front desk (campus map), pay the test fee or have your voucher ready when you are sent to the Assessment Center to test.
Please take some time to take the practice test on the RMGA website to help you prepare for the actual test.
Hayley Mitchell, Assessment Center Specialist
Davis Technical College
Testing and Assessment Center
550 East 300 South, Kaysville UT 84037
Tel: 801-593-2336 or 801-593-2361
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com