Davis Technical College Ruby Gala Celebrates 40 Years
May 24, 2018 -
Davis Technical College (Davis Tech) may be aging, but it isn’t slowing down. Davis Tech celebrated 40 years of changing lives at a gala event featuring high-energy entertainer Alex Boyé on March 29 at the Davis Conference Center. The Ruby Gala celebrated Davis Tech’s achievements and raised money for student scholarships and a new Allied Health Building.
The black-tie event featured songs by Boyé, who also served as emcee. Through music and spoken tributes, Davis Tech honored the contributions of individuals and communities who have played a significant role in the creation, growth and mission of the College. Some of these included Senator Haven J. Barlow, Senator Jerry W. Stevenson and Davis Technical College president Michael J. Bouwhuis.
The new Allied Health Building is an important event in the College’s continued growth. Since Davis Tech was established in 1978 as the Davis Area Vocational Center, it has grown from 968 students to over 6,000 students today. Through several name changes, additions, new buildings and new programs, Davis Tech has adapted to the changing needs of the local economy and its growing student body. Without more space, Davis Tech cannot increase enrollment to meet workforce demand, particularly for medical and dental caregivers in the community. The building will expand Davis Tech’s capacity to accommodate the increasing number of Allied Health students resulting from industry growth.
“As Davis Technical College reaches our 40-year milestone, we continue to grow,” says Michael J. Bouwhuis, president of Davis Technical College. “We are proud of Davis Tech’s achievements to date, and we know our new Allied Health Building will help us continue to change students’ lives for years to come."
- 05/24/2018 | Davis Technical College Ruby Gala Celebrates 40 Years
- 05/15/2018 | Wells Fargo donates $6,000 to Davis Tech Foundation
- 11/21/2017 | Davis Tech Foundation receives Truck Donation from Albertson's (again)
- 10/27/2017 | Davis Tech Foundation Receives Truck Donation from Albertson's
- 08/14/2017 | 1st Annual Davis County PDGA Open Disc Golf Tournament at Davis Tech
- 07/25/2017 | Foundation receives $6,000 donation from Wells Fargo
- 06/30/2017 | DATC Foundation Annual Golf Tournament Raises Nearly $40,000 for Scholarships
- 05/12/2017 | Davis Technical College Annual Community Recognition Luncheon
- 01/19/2017 | MedQuest makes $30,000 donation to Pharmacy Technician program
- 01/19/2017 | DEWALT donates $15,000 of equipment to DATC
- 12/07/2016 | DATC receives Obstetrics Health Professions Grant
- 11/29/2016 | Air Products donates $15,000 to DATC Foundation
- 10/03/2016 | DATC receives donation from Merrill Fine Arts
- 09/16/2016 | DATC hires new assistant
- 08/05/2016 | DATC Foundation Annual Golf Tournament Raises Nearly $40,000 for Scholarships
- 06/06/2016 | Wells Fargo donates $6,000 to DATC Scholarship Fund
- 05/27/2016 | DATC graduates largest-ever class
- 05/27/2016 | DATC honors community partners for student aid
- 05/16/2016 | Haven J. Barlow is first recipient of DATC's Legacy Award
- 02/19/2016 | Making a Difference.
- 02/02/2016 | DATC Student Creates Scholarship Fund for Single Parents
- 01/06/2016 | DATC Welcomes Marcie Valdez as the new Foundation Director
- 08/27/2015 | Annual Golf Tournament Raises $40,000 in Student Scholarships
- 07/10/2015 | Changing Lives one Donation at a Time …
- 07/10/2015 | Chevron selects DATC as Golf Tournament Beneficiary
- 06/05/2015 | Can’t Imagine Us without You!