School of Business & IT
School of Construction
School of Health Professions
School of Manufacturing
School of Service Professions
School of Transportation
Request a Tour!
The goal of the Medical Assistant program is to prepare competent, entry-level medical assistants in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains. To achieve this goal, students will be trained in all aspects of medical office practice including administrative tasks and back office clinical tasks. Upon successful completion of all required courses, students will participate in a non-paid externship in a medical office. Graduates of the program will be eligible to take the American Association of Medical Assistants Certification and the Certified Medical Assistant Certification exams.
The Medical Assistant program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon recommendation of Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
This program has a 5-year average placement rate of 86.52%, as reported on the MAERB 2017 Annual Report.
Adult College Admission Fee
Annual High School Student Fee
Student Tuition and Fees
High school students are exempt from Student Tuition and Fees
* Estimated Books and Materials
While high school students are not required to purchase textbooks, they are required to purchase personal and consumable learning resources and materials
Certificate Processing Fee
Paid upon program completion
* NOTE: Book and material costs are based on Davis Tech’s bookstore prices at the time of publication and are subject to change.
- Program Length
- 1400 hours (15 months)
- Main Campus
- Open Enrollment, Year-Round
|8am - 11am||Mo||Tu||We||Th||Fr||—|
|12pm - 3pm||Mo||Tu||We||Th||Fr||—|
|NOTE: High school students may request a schedule that coincides with the high school morning bell schedule by notifying Student Services.|
- Davis Technical College Credentials
- Davis Technical College Certificate of Program Completion
- Industry Certifications
- The Davis Tech Medical Assistant program provides students with the necessary skills to begin employment in their selected field. Students who complete their program will be prepared to take the tests for the following certifications:
- Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA)
- Placement Rates
NOTE: Placement data is represented as reported to the Council on Occupational Education in the most recent annual report.
- Utah Job Outlook and Work Requirements
- Medical Assistants
- Verify you meet program Admissions Requirements
- Complete the Davis Tech Admissions Application and New Student Orientation
- Pay the $45.00 fee to the cashier in Student Services
- Take the admissions assessment in the Davis Tech Assessment Center in Student Services
- Meet with an Enrollment Technician in Student Services
- Begin class