Radiology Practical Technician
School of Business & IT
School of Construction
School of Health Professions
School of Manufacturing
School of Service Professions
School of Transportation
Request a Tour!
This program will offer students the opportunity to learn valuable skills in the field of radiology. Students in the program will receive training in necessary aspects of radiology such as medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, patient positioning, and standard radiographic image techniques. This program will encourage hands-on learning in the use of radiographic equipment, basic physics principles and radiation safety and protection. In addition, quality assurance and radiographic image critiquing points and patient positing will also be covered to help introduce students to this exciting LPT profession. The Limited Practical Technician (LPT) program prepares you for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) limited scope examination and credentialing to become a Radiology Practical Technician for limited practice in the state of Utah. The limited x-ray scope of practice is restricted and does not involve the use of contrast media for the imaging of blood vessels and abdominal organs or the operation of complex radiographic equipment such as computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners and angiography equipment.
Adult College Admission Fee
Student Tuition and Fees
Estimated Books and Materials *
* NOTE: Textook and material costs are based on Davis Tech’s bookstore prices at the time of publication and are subject to change. There are no charges associated with personal data collection and processes or verification of student identify.
Certificate Processing Fee
Paid upon program completion
- Davis Technical College Credentials
- Davis Technical College Certificate of Program Completion
- Industry Licensing
- The Davis Tech Radiology Practical Technician program provides students with the necessary skills to begin employment in their selected field. Students who complete their program will be prepared to take the following Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing exams:
- Radiology Practical Technician
- Placement Rates
No Data - New Program
NOTE: Placement data is represented as reported to the Council on Occupational Education in the most recent annual report.
- Utah Job Outlook and Work Requirements
- Radiologic Technician
- Verify you meet program Admissions Requirements
- Complete the Davis Tech Admissions Application and New Student Orientation
- Pay the $45.00 fee to the cashier in Student Services
- Take the admissions assessment in the Davis Tech Assessment Center in Student Services
- Meet with an Enrollment Technician in Student Services
- Begin class