- 1st place winner: $1,500 Davis Tech scholarship, a $1,000 check
- 2nd place winner: $750 scholarship and a $250 check
- 3rd place winner: $500 scholarship and a $100 check
- 4th & 5th place winner: $50 check
To apply, complete the application, share your story (in a two-page essay or three to five-minute video), and attach a 5 x 7 picture. Your story should explain:
- Why you enrolled at Davis Tech
- How technical education will improve your life
- Why you should be selected as the Davis Tech Student of the Year
You should also mention any awards or recognition you have received.
Student Ambassadors, and National Technical Honor Society, SkillsUSA, HOSA members, and other award-winning students are encouraged to apply.
You must be a current student or 2019 Davis Tech graduate to apply. You can also be enrolled concurrently as a high school student.
- Students must have been in a program for at least three months before they apply.
- Students who are Ambassadors, National Technical Honor Society members, and regional, state, or national SkillsUSA or HOSA medalists are encouraged to apply.
- Students must fill out an official application form and include the Instructor’s Endorsement Form (last page of the application).
- Students must be in good standing with the college
- Application Process
- Students may apply or be nominated until October 25, 2019.
- Students must have been enrolled in a program for at least three months before they apply.
- Students must be 18 years of age or older to apply
- Students must submit an official application form.
- Instructor endorcement form must also be submitted.
- Students must include a two-page essay (pdf) or submit a three- to five-minute video (max 1GB) on the subject: "Why I enrolled at Davis Technical College, how technical education will improve my life, and why I should be selected as the Davis Tech Student of the Year" .
- Students must include a 5x7 photo of yourself
- Applicants must sign an agreement that will outline their duties as the campus Student of the Year if selected.
- Screening Process
- The screening committee will consist of three to five members.
- Committee members may come from campus personnel or local community leaders
- The committee will interview students based on criteria, then rate and identify the top 5 finalists.
- The five finalists will be notified of their selection by email and/or letter. The five finalists will prepare to meet with the selection committee.
- Selection Process
- The selection committee will consist of three to five members from the board of directors, campus administration, and a marketing representative.
- Each finalist will prepare a five minute speech about their experience as a Davis Technical College student
- The committee will review nomination forms, interview finalists, and select the college’s Student of the Year.
- Selection Schedule
- October 25: Application Deadline
- Oct 30 - Nov 8: Application screening and finalists selected
- Nov 13 - 27: Coaching and Video Interviews
- Nov 22: Finalists interviewed
- Dec 12: Winner announced at SOTY luncheon