This program is open to qualified adult students. In addition, students must meet the following program requirements:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Complete the Davis Tech Placement Assessments
- Have prior work experience that is in direct patient care related, such as Certified Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Tech, or Medical Assistant within the last 12 months. If student does not have prior work experience in patient care, they must have a current certification in Nursing Assisting.
- Take the Psychological Services Bureau (PSB) Health Occupations Aptitude Examination (Testing fee required)
- Complete a Program Application and be accepted into the Surgical Technology Program.
If you have questions as to whether your education or experience meets the admission requirements, please contact the Surgical Technology program instructors at 801-593-2330.
Students accepted into the Surgical Technology Program, must meet the following requirements:
- Take and pass a urine drug screen
- Complete and pass a federal criminal background check
- Complete a physical exam performed by a physician and provide documentation
- Documentation of all required vaccinations
- Documentation of current CPR certification
Other critical program information can be found here.
Placement Assessment Requirements (Download/Print Assessment Requirements)
- READING REQUIREMENTS
Accuplacer Next Generation Reading Score: 245 - 300
- MATH REQUIREMENTS
Accuplacer Next Generation Math (Arithmetic) Score: 236 - 249
Certifications & Credentials
Davis Technical College CredentialsDavis Technical College Certificate of Program Completion
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
Academic agreements are used to identify comparable courses or pathways between educational institutions. This allows students to receive credit at a receiving institution without having to duplicate courses recently completed and to continue their education between schools. In order to receive credit for course work included in these agreements, students must provide a transcript to the receiving institution with a grade “B” or better in the designate course(s). Any additional requirements are stated below.
90% Placement per ARCSTSA Reporting
95% CST Exam Pass Rate
AS, AAS, CST from Salt Lake Community College
CST from Davis Applied Technology College
CST, AAS from Davis Tech, Weber State
CST, BS from Davis Tech, University of Utah
High School Diploma, Certificate from Davis Applied Technology College
*NOTE: Textbook and material costs are based on Davis Tech’s bookstore prices at the time of publication and are subject to change. There are no charges associated with personal data collection and processes or verification of student identity.