Through partnership agreements with Davis Technical College (Davis Tech) and its partner institutions, you can receive credit for previously completed coursework.
Academic agreements are used to identify comparable courses or pathways between educational institutions. These allow you to receive credit at a receiving institution without having to duplicate courses recently completed.
Davis Tech has an academic agreement with the Utah State Board of Education, we will accept courses from all public high schools in the state of Utah.
In order to receive credit for course work included in this agreement:
- Schedule an appointment with a Davis Tech advisor
- Provide a transcript, report card, or State Skill Certification to the Davis Tech instructor with a grade “B” or better in the designated course(s).
In general, you will need to have your transcripts and academic records evaluated by a member of our faculty, so they can decide what the Davis Tech will be able to accept.
In order to receive credit for prior course work at another Institution, provide documentation to the instructor that includes a high school report card and/or official college or university transcripts.
- Courses included in secondary and post-secondary articulation agreements will be shown on the program web page.
- Courses not included in secondary and post-secondary articulation agreements will be evaluated by Davis Tech instructors on an individual basis.
- Courses considered must have been completed in the previous three years unless otherwise stated.
- In keeping with Utah Code 53B-16-107 (Credit for military service and training) the three-year time limit will be waived for veterans presenting transcripts for training completed at properly accredited military colleges including the American Council on Education
Following the completion of an approved 900+ hour Davis Tech program and after being admitted to the partner institution, your Davis Tech certificate of completion will be converted to as many as 30 credit hours toward an Associate of Applied Science at any of the following colleges and universities:
Dixie State University
LDS Business College
Utah State University
- General Technology AAS
- Allied Health Systems Emphasis
- Design & Creative Arts Emphasis
- General Business Emphasis
- Technology Systems Emphasis
- Technology Systems BS
- Information and Computer Technology Emphasis
- Product Development Emphasis
- Robotics, Automation, and Controls Emphasis
- Technical Management Emphasis
Utah Valley University
Weber State University