Secondary and post-secondary students who meet the following program requirements may enroll in the Dental Assistant program.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (adult students only)
- Complete a physical exam performed by a physician and provide documentation of all required vaccinations
- Complete a Dental Assistant program application
- Complete program placement assessments as noted below.
Students accepted into the Dental Assistant Program, must meet the following post-admission requirements.
- Take and pass a urine drug screen
- Complete and pass a federal crimInal background check*
NOTE: High School students must wait until they graduate and/or turn 18 years of age to complete this check
*Any misdemeanor or felony conviction on record may negatively impact the chances of completing the program, being placed on an externship site, applying for the Certified Dental Assistant credential, and obtaining employment in a health care setting. See instructor for more information.
Many programs have guidelines beyond those you see above: Critical Program Information
Placement Assessment Requirements (Download/Print Assessment Requirements)
- READING REQUIREMENTS
- Accuplacer Next Generation Reading Score: 237 - 300
- MATH REQUIREMENTS
- Accuplacer Next Generation Math (Arithmetic) Score: 236 - 300
Certifications & Credentials
Davis Technical College Credentials
- Davis Technical College Certificate of Program Completion
- Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Eligibility to sit for RDA (Registered Dental Assistant) certification given by AMT (American Medical Technologist)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) Certification
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OHSA) Certification
- Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing R156-69-604 Radiology Certification
Utah State Board of Education CTE Skill Certificate (High School Students Only)
- Dental Assistant: Dental Science I
The following academic agreements are available to students in the Dental Assistant program. In order to receive credit for course work included in these agreements, you must provide a transcript to the receiving institution.
Please be aware that some agreements require you to complete the entire program before they will transfer credit. Please contact your instructor at Davis Tech if you have questions.
This program is eligible to transfer credits towards an AAS degree to the following institutions:
- Weber State University
- Utah State University
- Southern Utah University
- Utah Valley University
- Ensign Business College
- Dixie State University
*NOTE: Textbook and material costs are based on Davis Tech’s bookstore prices at the time of publication and are subject to change. There are no charges associated with personal data collection and processes or verification of student identity.
**High School Students: High school students are exempt from student tuition and fees. While high school students are not required to purchase textbooks, they are required to purchase personal and consumable learning resources and materials.