This program is open to qualified high school seniors, qualified juniors in their second semester, and adult students. Students must be 16 years or older on or before the first day class. In addition, students must meet the following program requirements:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (adult students only).
- Complete the Davis Tech Placement Assessments.
- Tuberculosis (TB) screening.*
- Obtain a Hepatitis B Immunization.*
*Immunization requirements may vary depending on clinical site requirements. Additional immunizations may be needed.
NOTE: Any misdemeanor or felony conviction on record may negatively impact the chances of completing the program, being placed on an externship site, and obtaining employment in a health care setting.
Functional Requirements for Student Success
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be completed by a student to perform the essential functions of the nurse assistant successfully.
- The nurse assistant is regularly required to communicate with patients and coworkers through speech and hearing while performing the duties of this job.
- The nurse assistant is very active and requires long periods of standing and walking.
- A nurse assistant must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, and climb unimpeded.
- A nurse assistant must frequently lift or move objects and patients weighing over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus quickly.
If you feel that your physical status would not allow you to complete these duties, you should seek the advice of your doctor or medical professional before proceeding. If your physical status or condition changes during your program of study, your instructor may be able to offer additional help or advice about how to proceed.
See faculty for more information or review critical program information here.
Placement Assessment Requirements (Download/Print Assessment Requirements)
- READING REQUIREMENTS
- Accuplacer Next Generation Reading Score: 237 - 300
- MATH REQUIREMENTS
- — No Math Assessments for this program —
Certifications & Credentials
Davis Technical College Credentials
- Davis Technical College Certificate of Program Completion
- Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Nursing Assistant Certification (UNAR)
The following academic agreements are available to students in the Nurse Assistant program. In order to receive credit for course work included in these agreements, you must provide a transcript to the receiving institution.
Please be aware that some agreements require you to complete the entire program before they will transfer credit. Please contact your instructor at Davis Tech if you have questions.
This program is eligible to transfer credits towards an AAS degree to the following institutions:
97% Licensure Rate
Associate's Degree, RN from Nightingale College
MSN, RN from Weber State University
AAS, LPN from Flint Hills Technical College
AAS, RN from College of Eastern Utah
BSN, RN from Weber State University
BS, RN from Weber State University
BSN, RN from Brigham Young University
*NOTE: Textbook and material costs are based on Davis Tech’s bookstore prices at the time of publication and are subject to change. There are no charges associated with personal data collection and processes or verification of student identity.
**High School Students: High school students are exempt from student tuition and fees. While high school students are not required to purchase textbooks, they are required to purchase personal and consumable learning resources and materials.